The production of Coalbed Methane is an issue of substantial interest to producers and citizens in Montana and throughout the United States. As a means of making pertinent data on Montana's Coal Bed Methane issues readily available to the public, the board has devoted a portion of its web site to this issue. From this area of the web site, visitors can access board orders specific to coal bed methane (left), well and permit lists (left), and links to other related sites on the Internet (below).
Coalbed Methane Links...
•MBOGC Tongue River Information Program prepared by HydroSolutions, Inc. -2011 Progress Report (pdf); 2011 Tier III Irrigated Crop and Soil Test Report(pdf); and 2011 Tongue River Hydrologic Summary Report (pdf).
• MBOGC Tongue River Information Program prepared by HydroSolutions, Inc. - 2009 Final AMPP Progress Report (pdf); Draft 2008 Tongue RIver Infomation Project Tier 3 Report and 2009 Tongue River Hydrology Report
• MBOGC Tongue River Information Program prepared by HydroSolutions, Inc. - 2008 Final AMPP Progress Report (pdf) and Final 2008 Tongue RIver Infomation Project Tier 3 Report ; 2008 Tongue River Hydrology Report ( June 2008)
• Pinnacle Gas Resources Waddle Creek and Forks Ranch EA and Joint Record of Decsion (April 2008) DNRC Trust Land Managemetn Divison and MBOGC
• MBOGC Tongue River Information Program prepared by HydroSolutions, Inc. - 2007 Tongue River AMPP Executive Summary (pdf) and 2007 Final Fact Sheet (pdf ); 2008 TRIP Brochure and Final 2007 Hydrology Report Executive Summary ( Feb. 2008)
• MBOGC Tongue River Information Program prepared by HydroSolutions, Inc. - 2007 Tongue River Hydrology Report (pdf - 7.9 MB) and 2007 Progress Report - Tongue River Agronomic Monitoring and Protection Program (pdf - 10.9 MB) ( June 2007)
• ALL Consulting- Greater Sage Grouse White Paper (March 2007) (.pdf file)
• Trust Land Management Division Dietz POD EA (Nov.2005) (link to DNRC site)
• Fidelity Tongue River - Coal Creek POD EA, January 2005 (link to BLM site) -MBOGC FONSI and Decision Notice
• CBM Primer, ALL Consulting and MBOGC, (26 MB - PDF file), Feb. 2004
• MBOGC Fidelity Dry Creek POD EA- May 19, 2004
• Trust Land Management Div. - Tongue River-Dry Creek EA -January 12, 2004
• MBOGC Fidelity Tongue River-Badger Hills/CX Expansion EA -August 6, 2003
• MDEQ Record of Decision - adopted on August 7, 2003
• MBOGC Record of Decision -adopted on March 26, 2003
• Handbook on Best Management Practices and Mitigation Strategies for Coal Bed Methane in the Montana Portion of the Powder River Basin. ALL Consulting and MBOGC (PDF file), 2002
CBM Water Management Issue Papers and Comments....
• Handbook on Coal Bed Methane Produced Water: Management and Beneficial Use Alternatives , ALL Consulting - prepared for Ground Water Protection Research Foundation, U.S. DOE -National Petroleum Technology Office, Bureau of Land Management (PDF file), 2003
For more information on Coal Bed Methane in Montana, please contact:
Tom Richmond, Administrator
Montana Board of Oil and Gas Conservation
2535 St. Johns Avenue
Billings, MT 59102
FAX: (406) 655-6015